Solmaz Separy | سولماز سپری
Solmaz Separy is the Managing Lawyer at Separy Law Professional Corporation (“Separy Law PC”). she is the best Iranian Family & Divorce lawyer in Toronto, ON
She has an LL.M. degree (“Master of Laws”) from the University of Toronto and has been called to the Bar for the Province of Ontario. She is a member of the Law Society of Ontario. Solmaz articled and practiced as a lawyer at Blake, Cassels & Graydon, LLP (“Blakes”, a top tier Canadian/international law firm), prior to establishing the practice of Separy Law PC.
Solmaz Separy’s practice focuses on all areas related to family law such as separation, divorce, child support, spousal support (sometimes called “alimony” or “maintenance”), custody, access (child visitation), seeking a change in support obligations and amounts (Motion to Change), and complex property division. She practices as a Toronto Family Lawyer in all of the major courts in Toronto, and the Greater Toronto Area (“GTA”), including, but not limited to, North York at 47 Sheppard, Toronto – 311 Jarvis, Toronto – 393 University, Newmarket, Brampton, and Oshawa.
In addition to Solmaz’s Family Law practice, she also has extensive experience in Civil
Litigation and Debt Collection involving simple or complex matters at various
levels of court, Business Law and drafts simple Wills and Power of Attorneys.
Solmaz Separy has previously acted on the Board of the Family Lawyers Association, participating in committees in the areas of Legal Aid, Law Reform, Bench and Bar Organizations, Task Forces, and various other matters in order to contribute to making the practice of Family Law more enjoyable, practical and cost-effective to clients and, to help develop a greater sense of community within the Family Law Bar. Solmaz has also acted as a Board member on the Board of the Iranian Canadian Lawyers Association and has held various other corporate Board member positions. Solmaz routinely advises referred clients from the Barbara Schlifer Commemorative Clinic who may have dealt with serious issues such as domestic violence, emotional abuse, financial abuse and other forms of abuse. Solmaz also enjoys volunteering for Pro Bono Student’s Canada, supervising the University of Toronto Law Students in preparing and delivering community workshops with a focus on family law.
Solmaz speaks Farsi (Persian/Iranian) fluently. In her spare
time, Solmaz enjoys reading, cooking, and spending time with family and
Solmaz Separy ’s practice focuses on the following areas of law:
- Spousal support (sometimes known as “alimony” or “maintenance”)
- Child support
- Access (child visitation or parenting regimes)
- Changes to child support orders (“Motion to Change Child Support”)
- Changes to spousal support orders (“Motion to Change Spousal Support)
- Changes to custody and access or parenting regimes (“Motion to Change Custody and Access)
- Common law cohabitation and marriages
- same-sex relationships and marriages
- domestic contracts – cohabitation agreements, marriage agreements (prenuptial agreements), and separation agreements
- property division – simple or complex
Solmaz Separy Affiliation
- Law Society of Ontario
- Canadian Bar Association
- Family Lawyers Association
- Toronto Lawyer’s Association
- York Region Law Association
- Peel Law Association
- Legal Aid Ontario
- Pro Bono Students Canada
- Volunteer and Supervisor of workshops presented by the University of Toronto Law Students.
- Barbara Schlifer Commemorative Clinic
- Domestic Violence Advice Counsel
- Past Board Member of the Iranian Canadian Lawyers Association
Solmaz Separy | سولماز سپری Community
Past Board member of Family Lawyers Association – Board
- Fluent in Farsi (Persian/Iranian)